Thank you for lending me your eyes I pray that they fit.
This is my place to let my thoughts out. I seem to be the kind of person that constantly finds himself reading something and overanalyzing it to the point where I can't think or even function correctly so this is my space to get out my thoughts.
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
Seeing others in a new way
I recently met up with a person I hadn't seen in seven years. This was an awesome experience or me because I love share my story with others and I love catching up with people and learning new thing about myself and God through them. This persons reputation had been destroyed by small town gossip and I was always looking on the outside in and only getting one side of every story. I really tried to form no assumptions against her b/c I didn't even know her. I was talking to God before meeting up with her about all the things that were clouding my mind. Does she think that I'm like everyone else? Does she have assumptions of me for being associated with them? Is she even going to want to get to know who I've become? I went into it scared of how I was going to react know my mind had been flooded with negative thoughts for seven years. I asked for my mind to see her as I saw the children in Quito. To see her I saw Diego who was covered in scars but all I saw was his enormous heart. When She arrived a calmness swept over me and I felt like everything was going to be okay. The conversation we had about life and the God we both serve was awesome. We got to discuss where we see you moving in our generation and how we see ourselves fitting into your story. I was so grateful and awestuck on how God can completely erase all our pre-conceived notions about someone and allow you to see them he way he sees them. As his beloved sons and daughters that may fall on occasion but he is always there to pick them up and hold them tight even in their hardest moments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So... I'm totally obsessed with reading other people's blogs and thoughts because as someone who loves writing, I really appreciate reading other people's thoughts. Helps to know I'm not the only one who thinks things to death. Anyways, I don't know if I've ever told you this, but I'm so proud of you Jerod. I have watched you become an amazing man of God over the years, and I can't wait to see what God does in and through you this year and in years to come!
Post a Comment